Now more than ever, it is vital that teachers work together to build their collective expertise in the practices that matter most for increasing student achievement in both remote and in-person learning. In this 3-day program, participants learn how to facilitate teacher teams that focus on a four-step formative assessment cycle to accelerate student achievement, engagement, and motivation in these tough times, including:
- Clarifying learning targets so students know what they are learning, why, and what success looks like
- Planning for and infusing formative assessment practices and tools throughout their instruction
- Analyzing formative assessment results frequently to identify strengths, gaps, and errors in student thinking
- Planning for and taking timely, targeted action to provide feedback, re-teach, re-group, and extend learning
In short, they use data frequently and in-depth to make sure that each student succeeds.
- Coaches, Teacher Leaders, Team Facilitators, Department Chairs, Professional Developers, and Administrators who support them
- It is highly recommended that schools send teams, including teacher leaders, coaches, and administrators.
Through this workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Increase the effectiveness of teacher teams by focusing on the highest leverage actions to improve teaching and learning
- Strengthen the foundation for collaboration, strengthening an adult professional culture for continuous learning
- Plan team meetings that are differentiated based on student and team needs
- Act as a co-learner and partner, not as "the expert"
- Facilitate team activities for learning about, implementing, and reflecting on the impact of a formative assessment cycle in both remote and in-person learning
18 Hour Program
RBT is pleased to offer a TEAMS discount on this course:
- Teams of 5+ participants $500/participant
- Teams of 2-4 participants $525/participant
- Individuals $550/participant
Participants must complete individual registrations. Participants must choose Purchase Order as the payment method, and reference the discount code TEAMS. Purchase orders must be received before day one of the course. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Eligibility will be based on day 1 attendance.
For any other questionsregarding registration, please contact us at Registrar@RBTeach.com or (978) 893-0109.