Nothing is more complex, challenging, or important than assuring high levels of learning for each and every student. And no single factor has a greater impact on student learning than skillful teaching.
The Studying Skillful Teaching program is RBT’s cornerstone program for building teachers’ capacity – the knowledge and skills as well as the courage and conviction - to promote students’ motivation, learning, and increased achievement. It is based on the belief that teaching is a process of decision-making; and that skillful teachers never stop learning through experimentation, data analysis, study, and collegial sharing about what works best for their students. This reflective dialogue is consistently rated by our clients as an invaluable asset for building common and coherent language among their educators.
While receiving an overview to a comprehensive model of the knowledge base on teaching, participants will study, apply, and reflect on practical ways to: this program, participants will be able to:
- Examine powerful beliefs and expectations that influence students’ motivations to learn
- Support students in developing a growth mindset
- Design lessons that focus students on what learning is most important (objective) and what success looks like (criteria for success)
- Apply research-based instructional strategies
- Collect, analyze, and use formative assessment data to inform timely decisions about what happens next for students’ learning
- Strengthen cultural proficiency in instruction, curriculum, class climate, and school environment
Course Info Contact: Sheila Murray, 508.420.6950 x1145, email@example.com
Course cost: $900 per participant (includes materials); Final tuition price depending on enrollment.
3 Graduate Credits available through Fitchburg State University; Information to be given the first day of the course.