For students to believe that “Smart is Something You Can Get” (Jeff Howard, 1986), they must hear that we believe in their capacity to learn. They also need to be in an environment where teachers’ everyday behaviors send the following messages: “What we’re doing is important. -- You can do it. -- And I’m not going to give up on you.” This program teaches what it looks like and sounds like when a teacher acts authentically from a growth mindset. Participants will learn how to choose language, develop classroom structures, and use effective instructional strategies to motivate all students, but particularly to get low-performing, low-confidence students to change their stereotypes about themselves.
- Experienced Teachers
- Teacher Leaders
- Instructional Staff
- School Leaders
- Increase their capacity through videos of live classroom teaching, readings, role plays, and discussion
- Share stories of their experiements in student motivation with colleagues
- Apply the skills of the course comprehensively to one student as a case study to transform that student's approach to school and achievement
- Be able to better motivate their students to
- Believe effort is the main determinant of success
- Learn how to exert effective effort
- Decide to invest in school
- Feel empowered in their learning
- Achieve more
37.5 Hour Program
For questions, please contact us at Registrar@RBTeach.com or (978) 263-9449.