High-impact teacher teams build their collective expertise in the practices that matter most for increasing student achievement:
- They clarify learning goals so students are crystal clear on what they are learning, why they are learning, and what success looks like.
- They plan for and infuse formative assessment practices throughout their instruction.
- They analyze results based on pre-established success criteria and identify specific errors in student thinking.
- They take timely, targeted action to provide feedback, re-teach, and extend learning.
In short, they use data frequently and in-depth to make sure that each student succeeds.
This course for coaches and teacher leaders is comprised of a 3-day workshop followed by 3 two-hour virtual coaching sessions delivered by the RBT consultant to support coaches and/or teachers implement the practices learned.
- Coaches, Teacher Leaders, and Facilitators of Teacher Teams
- Professional Developers and the Administrators who supervise them
Through this workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Increase the effectiveness of teacher teams by focusing on the highest leverage actions to improve teaching and learning
- Build the foundation for collaboration, strengthening an adult professional culture for continuous learning
- Plan team meetings that are differentiated based on student and team needs
- Act as a co-learner and partner, not necessarily as "the expert"
- Facilitate team activities for learning about and taking action
19 Hour Program with 6 hours of follow-up virtual coaching
For questions, please contact us at Registrar@RBTeach.com or (978) 263-9449.
Location: North River Conference Center, 525 Beech Street, Rockland, MA 02370
Register by: October 17, 2018.
Register online: SmartPD link at https://app.smartedu.net/nrc/pd/, by email or fax.
Registration Fee: $799 for NRC-member districts. $899 for all other districts. Includes $100 of instructional materials.
Graduate Credit: Course may be taken for 2 Graduate credits through Fitchburg State University for an additional fee of $345 that is paid at the first session.
Hours/PDPs: 19 hours face-to-face, plus 6 hours follow-up virtual/webinar coaching; 25 PDPs.
Cancellation Policy: Refund can be issued provided that notification of a participant’s cancellation is received no less than fifteen (15) days before the workshop date. NRC reserves the right to cancel or postpone undersubscribed workshops.