- Hear from top-tier practitioners on the critical impact that cultivating collective efficacy can have on your students, your classrooms and your schools.
- Discover how to translate groundbreaking research into practice to build capacity and significantly improve learner outcomes by aligning all levels within your school or system.
- Learn how to eliminate guesswork in the classroom and focus efforts on using the most influential instructional practices.
- Gain insight into the latest learning innovations from world’s top educational leaders and learn how to apply them to maximize student potential.
- Connect with educators who have direct experience putting Visible Learning methods into practice and explore what you can do to make a difference in your classroom.
- Tap into the global Visible Learning education network that is changing the way we think and talk about teaching and learning in the 21st century.
DeNelle West will present Outliers to Multipliers: A Framework For Effective Professional Learning In Every Building
What do skillful facilitators know and do? What we've learned about Skillful Teaching is there are many ways to develop and navigate the nuances of truly becoming an effective teacher. That awareness doesn't happen overnight; it happens over time with deliberate practice and feedback. To help our teachers become skillful, the individuals training them must be dually skilled. Skillful facilitation happens in phases that allow participants to engage in a meaningful learning experience that supports needed shifts in knowledge, skills, and beliefs for transfer to practice. In this session, participants will explore the framework for skillful facilitation, discuss the types of change they hope to achieve with professional learning, explore the varying degrees of readiness to design professional learning, and create an action plan to support professional learning leaders in their organization.
• Understand the impact of job-embedded learning (effective and ineffective practices)
• Learn how to build and multiply teacher leadership at the district or school level.
• Identify areas of focus from a framework for skillful facilitation
• Develop an action plan for building teacher leadership that is applicable at all levels (district leaders, administrators, classroom teachers, instructional coaches, and department or grade level chairs).